kids rooms design inspiration

We have a playroom at our house.  It needs a lot of work.  There's a ton of toys and games, a big tv for watching movies, a computer desk, and shelving for storage of said toys and games.  The kids love it.  But it really doesn't have any kind of flavor to it.  A couple of years ago I moved into my current home, which already housed my boyfriend and his two kids.  I've slowly been adding my own personal decorative touch to the house whenever I can, but it can be difficult since our current budget doesn't really allow for such frivolities.  But I do think about how nice it would be if I could just invest a little time and money into it.  It might look something like one of these lovely little inspirations I've shown below. 

pinned here
I love the bright airiness of this room.  Especially the white-washed wood floors and the drum shade pendant light.  Pure perfection.

source
This room isn't actually a playroom, but it's still a good one to take inspiration from.  I'm always a sucker for mixing teal blue and orange.  There's just something so lighthearted about it.  Kids would undoubtedly gravitate to the unique seating choices, too.  The bench under the window is a great idea for providing a convenient storage solution in addition to seating.  Don't you just love the dragonfly wallpaper?

kid's playroom
source
Again, the bright white is so refreshing.  Loving the big fruit as well.  And the patterned rug is genius.  It would for sure help hide the messiness that kids inevitably always seem to grace us with via such things as crayons, markers, and snacks.  Let's be real.  It happens.

loft & cottage: getting creative: kids playrooms
The colors in this room are subdued, yet punchy and playful at the same time.  I'm sure there are some that would disagree with using black in a kids' room, but I think the graphic nature of the way it's used in this room makes it quite childlike.  A chalkboard wall can also be a jumping off point that designers like to use to incorporate black into a bright white kids' room.  Function and form are thus both satisfied.

I put together a little mood board of what I might like to do at my own house someday:
Have you decorated your kids' playroom lately?
I'd love to see what you've done.

cheers, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...