how to deal with stress

how to deal with stress on www.geekchicrelative.blogspot.com
pic pinned here and edited by me

I'm stressed...as usual.  But isn't that normal?  I've got a business to run with money to be made (but mostly lost), a family to take care of, a relationship to tend to, a house to keep clean, a shit-ton of laundry to do, groceries to shop for and dinner to make.  It's a lot.  I do know a few saintly women who make all of this and more happen and make it all look as easy as putting a smile on their face and waving a magic wand.   Not me.  For me, it's a bit more difficult.  Or I guess I should say, I'm a bit more difficult.  I'm the type of gal that when feeling pressured makes everyone around me want to duck and run for cover.  Sadly, it's just one of the perils of being a person who is a part of my life. 

The way I typically deal with stress is admittedly not the healthiest.  I'm most likely to just get pissed and frustrated, take it out on whoever's closest and then resort to burying my head in a roll of tp all right before heading outside to smoke a pack of cigarettes.  It's obvious.  I need to find other ways.  My experience has shown me that it should be required to prepare a stress management plan as an integral component of every business plan.  Or parenting plan.  Or relationship plan.  Don't you think?  We all need to have a plan!  One that is laid out ahead of time that we can refer to whenever we forget how to healthily manage the pressure that we put ourselves under.

I've come up with a list of things that I think I should remember to do when times get tough.  It all seems pretty obvious, but I always seem to forget this stuff when I need it the most.  
I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

So without further ado, here's what I shall do to manage my stress better from here on out:
Take a deep breath.
Go for a walk, run, hike or bike ride outside.
Do some yoga.
Meditate.
Hang out with my family.
Hang out with a friend.
Schedule a therapy session.
Read a book or magazine.
Go to a movie.
Listen to either some calming or uplifting music.
Work on an art or craft project.
Have a hot, steaming bowl of pho.  (Pho makes everything better.)
Get a massage.
Have a mini home spa day.
Take a long bath.
Indulge in some lavender aromatherapy.
Ask for a hug.
Steal a kiss.
Drink a glass of wine.
Bake or cook something yummy and satisfying.

The point of it all is to stop and smell the roses on occasion.  Take a break from the things and situations that make life hard and make room again in your life for what's really important.  Work to live!  Don't live to work.  Take pleasure in the small things.  I'm sure there are a million more ways to handle the pressures of daily life.  Please help me add some of them to my list!

Cheers to it being Tuesday (Hey, at least it's not Monday), Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...