autumn reverie





Ah yes, Autumn is upon us.  How are we feeling about that?
When I was a kid, I used to hate the Fall. As far as I was concerned, the whole season was damned because it meant the end of the happy carefree summer break and the beginning of a worry-laden new school year that was sure to be wrought with struggle and strife .  And I was just never really down with that.  With my school days long behind me, it's taken me all these years to finally get over that feeling.  I'm finally beginning to see the season for all of the truly great things that it has to offer.  Things like no more lawn-watering or gardening that I don't really have time to do, pumpkin spice flavored coffees to caffeinate our work days with, a cozy fire to lay beside while we veg out watching endless Netflix movies, big bowls of hot chili and sweet cornbread on the side to gain our winter weight with, and football games to go crazy over every weekend.  Even though the temperatures will take a dive and the rain will probably never go away (boo!), there's a comforting return to routine and calmness.  And I'm okay with that.  How about you?

Welcome to Autumn, Julie

all photos edited by me and found here:  1  // 2  // 3 // 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...