friday favorites, 8/9/2013

this quote by stephen hawking pinned from here.
Yes, I've read "A Brief History of Time" and, needless to say, it floored me.  I wouldn't say that Stephen Hawking is an idol of mine, but his brilliance can't be disputed.  This quote of his really resonates with me.

this song "purple yellow red & blue" by portugal the man.
It's dark.  It's moody.  But you can still dance to it.  I'm into it.

my boyfriend's birthday is next week and I've been slowly plotting,  I mean planning, his birthday dinner.  He's an insane peanut butter junkie, so I was thinking of making him a chocolate peanut butter cake or something similar.  These yummy-looking cupcakes just might do the trick.  
Lizzy always makes the best stuff.

this book.
I know.  It's a kids' book.  And I'm thirty-something.  But I went to the library this week to pick up some books for the kiddos and this is one of the ones I found there.  Needless to say, it's a childhood favorite of mine and I couldn't resist the urge to steal it and read it myself.

this show.
Have you seen it yet?  It's good.  Really good.  It's one of those shocking, surprising, you never really know what's going to happen type of shows.  But it's also about women.  In prison.  And why they're there.  And what amazing people they can be, even in prison.  Like I said, it's really good and I highly recommend it.  Just finished watching Season 1 and can't wait until Season 2 comes out.  
Unfortunately, that won't be until 2014.  Of course.

As you may or may not know, I'm slightly obsessed with interior design.  It's way too hard for me to pick out one single design inspiration that I like for the whole week, but this is certainly ONE of my favorites.  Indisputably, blue is my favorite color and I absolutely adore the tone of the blue sofa and ottoman pictured here.  I also really love the way the designer continued the line work from the art up and onto the wall.  
You can find more of my many interior design inspirations via my Pinterest board here.

So there you have it...some of my favorite things this week.
What have you been enjoying lately?

cheers, Julie

2 comments:

  1. I love that room! blue velvet is sticking in my mind lately.
    LP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue velvet is a beautiful thing to have on your mind!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...